Reversible Hinge Design Ensures Proper Fit on Wide and Medium-Width Panels
Designed specifically for 1-1/2” nail strip profiles with a wider horizontal dimension (> 0.475” [12mm] and ≤ 0.800” [20.32mm]), the S-5-NH 1.5 (“NH” stands for nail strip hinge) is an ideal mounting solution for VicWest Prestige, NewTech FF150 and similarly dimensioned profiles. The S-5-NH 1.5 clamp is perfect for use with S-5! ColorGard snow retention systems and other heavy-duty applications.
The innovative insert is a “hinge” design and features a toe to engage the female portion of the panel. It forms to the shape of the seam, preventing damage at the point of attachment, while offering you optimal holding strength. The hinge insert is also reversible to allow for proper fit on both wide and medium-width profiles.
For ease of installation, the T-30 Torx setscrews are angled upward to facilitate tool insertion. The hinged insert is also staked at one end to facilitate installation.
Profiles the S-5-NH 1.5 Clamp Fits:
The S-5-NH fits 1-1/2″ Nail-Strip panel profiles that have a wider horizontal dimension from 0.475″ to 0.8″ in width. Have a narrower panel profile? Use the S-5-N 1.5.
- For use on 1.5″ [38mm] nail strip profiles
- Fits 1-1/2″ profiles that have a wider horizontal base measuring between 0.475″ [12mm] & 0.800″ [20.32mm]
- Reversible hinge accommodates both medium and wide profiles
- Hinge conforms to the shape of the panel seam, preventing damage at point of attachment
- Toe on the hinge engages the female portion of the roof panel for optimal holding strength
- Hinged insert staked at one end to facilitate installation
- Angled set-screws for ease of tool insertion
- Two (2) T-30 Torx round-point set screws (Torx bit provided) and one (1) M8x17mm top bolt included
Installing medium duty products like Solar modules? Consider using the S-5-NH 1.5 mini clamp.
Not sure what you need? Call us at 770-405-1060 Monday-Friday EST or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org